Tuesday 15 June 2010

What will people buy....?

The whole sponsorship thing had gone a bit quiet, it started with a flurry of activity and then went down to nothing and no new sponsorship for a few weeks. Luckily Lou has come up with a new idea of selling things on eBay to raise money and then donating the money to charity, so an email was sent out to request anyone to bring in anything that they don't want anymore and Lou would list it on eBay.


This brings up the question of how much crap will people actually buy? Lou regularly sells various things for her family and friends on eBay, she also believes that people will generally buy absolutely anything. I bring this up as I am currently sorting through my collection of VHS cassettes wondering if anybody actually wants this anymore? Also I am looking at these and thinking that I am going to be mocked mercilessly by my work colleagues when I take in my entire collection of Friends videos! Stange how your tastes change as you mature.....

The first batch of items brought in feature some very strange fishing videos, a violin and a collection of glass hand bells

So far we have raised £48 through the sale of the unwanted items that have been bought in. Can't see that getting much above £50 with my collection of Friends videos.

As another update after a trial I am confident that my new bag is big enough to carry everything that I will need for the trip, I am confident of this as I can actually fit myself inside the bag and zip it closed (I do need some help to actually zip it closed though......).


This is my bag, doesn't look much does it (although you will never miss it on the carousel in that colour!).



Me sitting in aforementioned bag


 And now the bag closed!

 In short, I can thoroughly recommend the North Face Base Camp bag should you need to transport bodies anywhere......

I'm off to China from work tomorrow for a couple of weeks and then when I get back am going to try camping in Wales for a weekend, as I have not tried camping since I was about 12 in a freinds back yard it should be an interesting experience.

1 comment:

  1. Hi
    Why is forced to choose a guide to climb Mount Kilimanjaro Kilimanjaro, choosing the right tour company Trek is the most important decision you can make. It can mean the difference between an unpleasant journey, to have failed, or an extraordinary experience successful summit.

    ReplyDelete