Friday 14 May 2010

Progress - fundraising & marathon (no)training

Things have been moving a bit this week in regards to our fundraising.

Louise has distributed an information about our Kili adventure to all our colleagues at work plus some other external parties and we are pleased that our funds are now up to £210 plus some cash and plenty of copper coins in a special jar on Louise's desk! Many thanks to all of you contributing, your help is very much appreciated. And please be prepared for my daily asking you: Do you have any change? (This will be our mantra now :))

As for the other preparations, those are not slightly in the shadow of the coming marathon in seven and half days. The weather is getting suspiciously warm, I only hope that next Sunday in Edinburgh will be overcast with a slight wind and possibly occasional shower too just to refresh us and kick us to hurry into the finish.

I've done a couple of runs this week to remind my legs what they are expect to do next Sunday and managed one (two if I count last Sunday) strength workout (which is not brilliant but better than nothing) plus the regular games of squash and badminton. Pleased to announce no new injuries although my back is not the happiest lot and knees are creaking like an old wooden floor. I can feel the motivation for more exercise will falter next week due to my last minute pre-exam panic but will do my best to do at least the same amount as this week (and eat no mini Eggs...)

No comments:

Post a Comment