Wednesday 15 September 2010

2 days to go :)

Another day gone, another day closer to the departure!

I've piled on some calories (as recommended by a friend from work) in the shape of cakes I shared with work colleagues today. I unpacked my rucksack and my Camelbak, then re-packed while ticking off every item on my list to make sure nothing was omitted. I am sure I've sweated out some of my cold through this procedure, what an exhausting (but exciting) task to do! But it's all in, hopefully within the weight limits. Two more nights!

One of my colleagues at work showed me a picture of his friend who made it to the top of Kili last week! The picture was great, it was sunny out there, the sky was blue and clear and the guy was smiling and looked very happy! I promised in a week and a bit I would have on of those pictures too! :-) (It's amazing what people will endure to go to a top of a hill to take a picture with a wooden sign...)

There are a few things left to do tomorrow but for now I am in bed, enjoying a glass of red wine and letting my body to fight off the cold and relax before the action packed holidays! :-)


1 comment:

  1. One more sleep to go!

    To both of you, I wish you the best of luck on your travels. Drink when you don't feel thirsty, eat when you don't feel hungry. Look up instead of at the boots of the person in front of you, and just take it all in. You will next week be standing on the roof of Africa, and one of the seven peaks. It is a fantastic thing that you are doing, and I will be thinking of you both every step of the way. Most of all, enjoy it! Best wishes, Baobab.

    ReplyDelete